Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!  Sometimes I forget where I live until I am reminded by unexpected events.  For example, this morning Michael ran to the grocery store to get a couple items we needed to make breakfast and came back empty-handed.  Why?  It's Easter, so the store is closed.  This shouldn't have been surprising, we both had the day off on Friday since it was Good Friday.  I just forget sometimes that I live in East Texas and things are different here.

Another event happened earlier last week that made me remember this is a different place.  I was in the cafeteria at school and the kids were going through the line.  The lunch ladies were telling the kids that their choices were between mini corn dogs and catfish.  Yes, CATFISH!  The kids were soooo excited, and I even heard a couple of them ask if the lunch ladies could serve catfish every day.  I couldn't believe it.  If I was a kid, I would've had to skip lunch that day.  I don't do corn dogs or catfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment