Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our Day in Dallas

Ever since we have moved to Texas we have tossed around the idea of going to Medieval Times in Dallas. But every time we are in Dallas, we are zooming on through it to get to Kansas.  We have stayed in the Big D overnight just a few times (I can count them on one hand) and never have the money to splurge on Medieval Times.  We don't normally spend money on entertainment because we are old, fuddy-duddies.

Well, a few weeks ago a co-worker forwarded me an email that was offering a buy-one-get-one-free deal at Medieval Times.  That got my attention!  I decided that since it was such a good deal and since my birthday was coming up, I would see if the husband would be interested in going.  Of course he said, "sure". (I often get what I want.)  So I ordered the tickets and planned out a day trip.

Yesterday was the big day.  We went to DSW and I got 2 fabulous pairs of shoes for cheap.  I always need more shoes. Ha!  Then we headed over to NorthPark Mall and walked through that glorious, magnificent shopping world.  Sooo many wonderful stores, but not enough money in my bank account to actually buy anything.  I did fall into the Gap and found a few things on sale.  They have closed all the Gap stores anywhere near me, so I *had* to go. :)  Next we headed across the street to the Cheesecake Factory and grabbed a couple slices to go.  Then on to Medieval Times!  (By the way, I was very impressed with myself because I had studied my maps earlier in the week and never had to look up anything yesterday to find these destinations.  I drove right to them! Go me.)

Medieval Times was great fun.  We paid way too much money for some beer, skipped the overpriced souvenirs, and took our own pictures.  If you had kids and were taking them to Medieval Times, you had better empty your bank account first.  Lots of neat stuff to buy to remember your great day!  For those of you who have no clue what Medieval Times is, it is a "castle" and while you eat dinner you watch a tournament with horses and knights.  That is why the admission is so pricey.  You eat the meal without utensils for that "authentic" medieval feel, while the waitress offers you Pepsi and others are trying to sell you flashing LED necklaces.  But the food was decent and the show was entertaining.  All in all it really was a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind going again sometime.






2 comments:

  1. So cool! There is a hotel in Vegas called Excalibur (looks like a castle) that does the same thing--you eat a meal with your hands while watching a live show. We really wanted to go but we were only there three days and didn't find the time. Sounds like fun! BTW, you forgot to get a picture of you holding a big turkey leg!! Is that what you ate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No turkey legs. The "bill of fare" was: tomato bisque soup, garlic bread, chicken (breast and wing as one piece...fun to pull apart!), spare rib, herbed potato, and a pastry.

    ReplyDelete