Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oh, kids

Teaching is definitely never dull.  I have a student who spends the whole class period talking, so his work rarely gets completed unless I can sit right next to him and keep him on task.  Well, that is near to impossible when you have 19 other people in a room who are needing help as well.  So sometimes he has to come see me during his PE time for me to help him get caught up.  He came today so I could work with him, and of course he started talking like he always does, and we got off on a tangent about missing pet posters around town and how much he wished his mom would let him go around and look for these animals so he could earn the reward money.  I was telling him about a cat that our neighbor had lost and was offering a $500 reward for, and then he suddenly says, "Ok, we need to focus and get back to work."  I wanted to die laughing!  I have probably told him to focus and get on task about a million times this year, so to hear him tell me that just about cracked me up!

1 comment:

  1. If I didn't know better I would think you were writing about my oldest!

    ReplyDelete