Thursday, May 17, 2012

In Other News...

I turned 32 this past weekend.  I had some sweet lil kids bring me birthday gifts to school.  I guess they just paid attention to the birthday calendar I have in my classroom and were thoughtful enough to bring me something (I sure didn't announce my birthday...it's not as much fun when you're in your 30s!).

The husband and I went and saw "Dark Shadows".  My husband got a little snippy with the refreshments worker.  I guess it was because he caved and donated a dollar to the Children's Miracle Network at the ticket counter, and then the refreshments chick kept trying to get him to upgrade his popcorn, upgrade his drink, and donate again to the Children's Miracle Network.  He tried to tell her that he already donated at the door and she mentioned something again and he went off about already spending $20 for some popcorn and 2 drinks and something about squeezing him for every penny he's got and so on.  It was mildly embarrassing, but I could totally see his point.  (Oh, we did enjoy the movie...but I love all Tim Burton and Johnny Depp films!)

After the movie we went to eat and drink beer at BJ's Restauarant and Brewhouse.  I love their California burgers!  Then after that we went to Ganache and got a few delicious cupcakes (instead of a birthday cake).  I am in *love* with their chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.  They have a peanut butter ball in the chocolate cake, and then are topped with the most delicious peanut butter icing.  To die for!

Then my present was the new Charlaine Harris "Sookie Stackhouse" novel, "Deadlocked".  I read it in a couple days.

All in all it was a good day.  I'll leave you with a picture of what 32 looks like. :)

2 comments:

  1. 32 looks fabulous on you!! You're gorgeous, inside and out. I'm sure the inside part helps the outside too. :) Glad you had a great birthday! Oh, and I subscribe to follow up comments with my gmail account now so I will be notified if you ever reply to my comments.

    ReplyDelete