Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm totally turning into my parents

For reals.  I am totally turning into my parents, and I don't know how to stop it.  Maybe I should just embrace it.  My latest transition has been dishes.  Yes, dishes.  More specifically, washing dishes.  Our house has a dishwasher.  For many years we have used the dishwasher and for many years we have re-washed dishes and scraped pieces of dried on food off dishes.  I guess the husband and I finally came to our breaking point.  It may have been partly that the dishes weren't coming clean all the time, and partly that it takes the two of us forever to fill up the dishwasher, so we would run out of bowls constantly.  So we have purchased a dish drainer and have begun to hand wash our dishes. *gasp!*  Now we say stuff like, "think of all the water and energy we are saving!".  "Look how clear our glasses are becoming!"

So, you might be wondering how in the world washing dishes means I am turning into my parents?  Well, once upon a time, a long, long, looooong time ago, they had a dishwasher.  Then they decided it wasn't getting their dishes clean and could use the cabinet space, so they began washing their dishes by hand.  Every night, after dinner.  Just like the husband and I are doing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment