Friday, June 8, 2012

Here I go again!

So school is finally out for the summer!  I am counting down the weeks to our Ireland vacation!  In the meantime, a friend and myself have signed up at a local gym that opened last fall and is different than the other gym in town because this one offers about 55 classes a week.  You pay your dues and attend what you want.  (There is no contract or sign-up fee, you just pay month-to-month, which is nice!)  We started going to classes on Monday morning. Now, it's Friday evening, and every single inch of my body hurts.  I have been sore all week long, but have gone back each day to work through the pain and get stronger.  But now, I am glad I don't have a class the next two days!  (Ok, so there is a boot camp and a spin class tomorrow, but since I am new to this I think I should rest. Ha!)

So far I have attended two spin classes and my hiney is so not used to bicycle seats!  OUCH!  Spin was the first class I attended, and at one point I seriously thought I was going to pass out.  But I went again today and it was much better.  My "sit bones" still hurt something fierce though.  I also attended some stretching/yoga type class, which was nice.  Tuesday I had to work, so I went to a circuit training class in the afternoon and about died again.  (Did I mention that most of these classes are 1 hour long?)  Wednesday was our last day of work and I decided to give the body a break.  Thursday I went to shadowboxing (but we got to put gloves on and punch stuff..score!!!) for an hour, and then did another class called "Body Slay".  I think that is what has finally caught up with me today as I feel slayed.  That was a class where you do all sorts of exercises holding a weighted (mine was 12lb) bar the entire time.  Then today I decided to go to spin and then try the abs class.  Spin was much better today, I didn't feel like passing out.  The abs class...well, let's just say I tried.  I have like zero abdominal muscles, and I am pretty sure I banged the hell out of my back doing situps since I can't really slowly go back down (because of the lack of ab muscles) so I just slammed back down on the floor instead.  Repeatedly.  Good times. 

Now I am in misery.  Ok, I may be a little over-dramatic, but I did get out of doing dishes tonight.  I can't wait until next week so I can do it all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment