Friday, July 22, 2011

2 weeks and frustrated!

Well, I can officially declare myself "frustrated"!  I have an app on my phone that I have diligently been keeping track of my calories on since July 5th.  I have been working out (though had to cut some activity out because of my pesky plantar fasciitis which reared its ugly heel last week).  I have ceased snacking at night for snacking's sake.  I've been doing better than I did at the beginning of the year when I lost the weight.  So why am I gaining weight???  Yep.  I have gained 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks.  Part of me wants to say screw all of this and give up.  The other part thinks I need to just give myself some more time.  The numbers just dropped off so easily before with a little exercise and watching my food intake, I expected the same thing to happen this time.  One thing I am going to change is replacing the low-calorie cereal for breakfast with a protein-packed breakfast.  Obviously the low-calorie cereal is doing absolutely nothing for me and protein was my champion a couple years ago when I lost 60 pounds!  The other thing I am going to change is drinking more water.  I don't drink hardly enough and have read that drinking more water can help the ol' metabolism.  Other than that, I am going to keep on truckin' along. And if I continue to gain weight at 1 pound a week, I am going to the doctor! 

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when that happens! Hopefully it's some weird body glitch and you won't need a doctor, but I'm glad you're not one of those who only go if they're missing a head or something. lol! I know from experience that low thyroid hormone will not only make you gain weight, but cause hair to fall out. So if you see that happening, get your thyroid checked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my mom had problems with her thyroid too and had part of it removed. I got mine checked several years ago when I had gained weight, but it was just overeating then. Lol

    ReplyDelete