Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Week Down!

Well, last Monday marked my 10th first day of school as a teacher.  I still get a little anxious the night before, but not as bad as I used to be.  My schedule has changed again this year (I've never had the same schedule more than 1 year at a time), and so far I really like it.  I hope it works for everyone and we can do it this way again next year.  The main difference from previous years is now I am back to having just 3 classes, so I see around 60 kids each day instead of 80.  Also, I get to begin and end the day with my homeroom which is super nice.  Everyone is teaching their own Social Studies and Science last period, so I feel like I will get to know the kids a little bit better.  All in all it was a great first week.  The kids were well behaved (there's been some years where I have had to correct a student on the very first day!) and they are getting the hang of all the switching of classes they do in 4th grade.  Now I know in a few weeks I may have changed my tune about how good the kids are, once they get more comfortable and start testing their limits.  :)  But I am going to stay optimistic that this will be the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment