Friday, October 14, 2011

Random Randomness

I haven't posted in a while because I have been super busy with school.  Things are still going well.  A few kids are trying my patience, but they are still pretty good overall.  I can't believe it is already the middle of October (probably since it's still HOT outside)! One funny moment this week was shared with me by a co-worker.  She just got her hair colored a new color and it looks really nice.  She said a student walked up to her and was complimenting her appearance and telling her she looked so nice that she looked just like Mrs. Beck!  I thought that was pretty hilarious, yet flattering I guess.  (By the way, she got her hair colored a shade of brunette, and I am still as blonde as ever.)  And let me just say I learn the most interesting things on Fridays, when I have my kids free write in their journals.  Two words...hillbilly hand-fishing.

In other news...we cut down two trees in our front yard that were right next to the house.  The smaller one had already broken in half a few years back and was pretty pathetic.  The other tree was 60-70 feet tall and leaning right towards our house.  This drought made me more nervous about this tree than I had been before.  So we got it cut down and then spent two weekends hauling away the remains.  Part of the trunk was rotting on the inside, so I am glad it is down.  I just really miss the shade.

We are still working on some painting and repairs on the inside of the house.  We are on the last room to paint!!! (Well, besides the living room...I forgot about that.) The hubs needs to cement the wall so we can finish painting it and then I will post some pictures.  Hopefully by Thanksgiving we will have everything around here in pretty good shape.  We aren't having our Halloween party this year because the hubs really isn't in the Halloween spirit this year.  There are so many other projects around the house to work on.  Besides, with the burn ban we can't have all the special effects and fires we usually have.  But he mentioned he has some big plans for Christmas lights this year...that makes me excited!  :)

Last random note...I pre-ordered the new iPhone 4S last week and it arrived today, on the first day of sales!  I am super-excited about it because before I had the old 3GS and now I have FaceTime capabilities and hope to see my niece more via video calls!  Of course there are tons of other awesome features, but why bore you when you can google an article if you really wanted to?

1 comment:

  1. Aw that is so nice (and funny)! Isn't handfishing called "noodling?" I just found out about it myself and it sounds kinda scary. I can't believe you guys aren't having a Halloween party-you usually get SO into Halloween. Guess it will be Chrtistmas this year for you. :) I think you would die if you saw my phone. It is VERY old school. Very. I don't use it for anything but calls and the ocassional text. Not sure I'll ever be up to speet on phones. Thanks for adding the button to your blog and sorry you had to figure out another code for it! I think the one I used is for wordpress so when I get off work, I'll make another with your code (it showed up in my email notifications).

    ReplyDelete