Saturday, September 10, 2011

Friday Night Fun!

I had the great pleasure of attending a 7-year-old's birthday party this Friday night.  Sound like fun?  Believe it or not, it was!  A local photography studio in town offers Lil' Diva birthday parties where the guests get to play dress up, walk the red carpet, eat cake, and have a photo shoot.  The photographers (who are also educators at my school) had invited me to come help out.  Well, I have always loved dress-up and playing with makeup so it sounded like more fun than my usual Friday nights, which consist of Michael passing out on the couch and me trying to stay up until 10.  It definitely was more exciting than that!  I got to be the makeup artist and help glam up all the girls. I did my best to make sure they still looked like little girls and not the hooker clowns you see on Toddlers & Tiaras. The girls were so excited and several told me they felt like celebrities.  They were so cute!  I even made a little money.  Not bad for entertaining my makeup artist fantasy for a couple hours. However, I was very thankful to come home to a child-free home after the two hours of squealing laughter.

1 comment:

  1. actually, that DOES sound like a lot of fun! That's my kind of partying. :)

    ReplyDelete