Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Slippery Slope and New Year's Resolution

For the past several years, this is what happens:  I clean the house (dust, vacuum, laundry, bathrooms...the works) on the weekend.  It looks good for about a day.  Then life goes on and stuff doesn't get picked up, put away, swept up, and by mid-week it is to the point where I would be embarassed to have someone stop by.  By then I think there's just a couple more days til "cleaning day", so I don't do anything about it.  As I am writing this I am looking around.  Today was cleaning day and already there is stuff on my freshly-vacuumed carpet.  Now, I don't want to become obsessed with cleaning (that's a good one!), but my New Year's resolution is to keep up with the house just enough that if a someone stops by, they will actually get to enter the house.  This will really just take a few minutes of my time each day, so there is absolutely no reason I can't keep this resolution.

So there you have it.  Before I go to bed, the leftovers will make it to the fridge and I will run my cordless vacuum over the carpet.

2 comments:

  1. LOL--keeping the house clean is one of my resolutions too! My problem is extreme. I wouldn't just feel uncomfortable if someone came over, I would die! Good luck with yours. So far I'm sucking at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I figured out that we are going to have to start eating dinner at the table. If we are watching tv, the chores won't get done. Oh, yeah, I made a chore chart. So we will eat and chore, then have tv time. (:

    ReplyDelete