Thursday, January 13, 2011

Washing Machine Woes

Saturday night my washing machine broke during the final spin of the last load I did. We ended up calling Sears and they came out to the house today to look at it. Before they came, the tech told Michael that he knew exactly what it was and that if we didn't have the warranty the parts would cost $1,000. Yes, that's right...one THOUSAND dollars! Um, the washing machine itself didn't cost that much.

So I was prepared to face the fact that we were going to have to buy a new washing machine (there was no way I was spending that much to fix the old one). Then Michael calls me back and says the machine is still under warranty. Yay! But the bad news is that they won't be back to fix it until February 1st. I'm not looking forward to going to a laundromat these next few weeks, but there aren't really any other options. This is a time I miss being close to relatives...I've got no one's washing machine to go take advantage of! Haha

2 comments:

  1. Oh mans, I haven't been to a laundromat in like...over ten years! The one thing I do remember enjoying about it was the downtime. The time you have to sit there and wait. Because it gave me time to read! When you're home, there's always something calling out to you to do, but you can't do any of them at the laundromat. For me, it was nice to have that forced time of being able to do nothing but enjoy a good book. Glad your washer is under warrenty--that's great! I'm so glad you started this blog--even though we're on facebook, I don't see your updates very often and you can share so much more in a blog. BTW, I really adore the name you chose for it. Soooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I took so long starting a blog because I couldn't think of a name I liked. Did you know that it costs $2 to wash some clothes at the laundromat?! Outrageous!

    ReplyDelete